Sunday, February 4, 2007

Captain's log: february 5th, 2007, somewhere near the centurion nebulae:

Okay, I'm showing my "treckie" geekdom in all its glory there but the page is black, it's my first posting, it only seemed fitting. Since we just finished Sunday and it's the first day of the week, we'll start there.

We had a pretty nice day. I took the kiddo to church in her new Christmas dress from Mamaw and Pappy. This year we are finally on the 9am rotation-whoo hoo! Missie Monkey Feet did so much better with the new time schedule. She was good during sacrament meeting-even reverent! She was excited to sing at the end and "do prayer". She then went to nursery where despite whipping up on a few kids, she did fairly well. When I came to get her after r.s. she said "Hi Mama! I pooped!" After a quick change we left for home. On the way she asked me if we could have cake for lunch, so after a lunch of chicken and green beans she went down for a nap without a big fuss and even let me take a nap. When we met up later, she helped me wipe down the table for dinner, set the table all by herself, put ice cubes in our glasses and napkins by our plates. When it was time to bless the food she said she didn't want to stop eating to pray, but luckily she made it through the 15 seconds or so without completely starving. After dinner she had a nice long bath. While her hair was in Alfalfa shampoo style I gave her a mirror to look at herself (this is her favorite passtime) and she said "look Mom, my hair looks like a church!" (steeple). I had to concede that there was some resemblance there. After having her bath and getting "all jammied up", I had baked her a little cake for being such a good girl all day so she got to stay up a little past bedtime to have a small piece with "chocat" frosting at her new table. After thoroughly brushing her teeth she went to bed without any objections and went to sleep fairly quickly with her "icy cold lolly, goofy, dora's stuck truck book, and her knockers". (view master that she refers to as binocculars, mispronounced) What a day, and what a sweet little angel.

No comments: